Kevin & I have been having fun exploring Christmas in Calgary together and taking photos along the way. There are so many magical Christmas experiences around the city that we've never been to before.
We're new to Calgary and would love to hear your favourite places to visit during the Christmas season. Please leave us your recommendations in the comments below.
I find reindeer to be absolutely endearing and was beyond excited when they made several appearances at The Calgary Farmer's Market at the beginning of December. We loved seeing the market get dressed up for Christmas with all the twinkle lights and greenery. It feels so cozy!
We came home from the Millarville Christmas Market with this vintage blow mold Santa just like the one Kevin's Mom used to have and a hand sewn felt loon ornament to remind us of days spent at Emerald Lake with the loons.
If you have anyone that adores cats then I highly recommend the Regal Cat Cafe for fun cat themed gifts and a gift card for a visit to the Cat Cafe is the purrfect stocking stuffer. It's such a joyful place to spend time visiting cats that are available for adoption while enjoying a coffee. I found this cute Christmas cat collar at the Regal Cat Cafe for our cat Penny.
My dear friend introduced me to Ella Grace Marketplace just before the Christmas season started which was perfect timing for me to find some sweet vintage Christmas decor. For those who love all things vintage this place is an absolute gem. Super friendly & helpful staff with 2 floors of vintage vendors all in one building.
We have a tradition of collecting ornaments that remind us of happy moments in our lives. This vintage sleigh ornament was a perfect reminder of tobogganing with my cousin in Banff.
Vintage cameras & typewriters galore!
We were really excited to find this new old stock blow mold reindeer.
We had been to Once Upon a Christmas at Heritage Park pre-covid and loved it. We returned to experience it today and had an inspiring day. There were carollers who walked around singing at all the homes and it smelled of gingerbread when you walked down main street. Check it out on week-ends through December.
Kevin took this photo of one of the Blacksmiths making a Christmas ornament. He was coating it in beeswax and it smelled heavenly in there.
The print shop at Heritage Park is selling notepads, Christmas cards and newspapers all hand printed on their vintage presses. These beautiful newspapers sell for just 25 cents and I think they will make for really cute Christmas wrapping paper.
New this year is the Holiday in the Park Christmas Light Festival created by FAB Events and hosted at Heritage Park. We loved getting to walk around Heritage Park at night lit up with thousands of Christmas lights. It was magical!
We'd love to hear about your favourite things to do in Calgary during the Christmas Season. Tell us in the comments what we should explore next!
- The Calgary Farmer's Market In addition to amazing farmer's market goodies to serve or gift you'll also find photos with Santa, Tea with Mrs. Claus and visiting Reindeer (ended December 5th).
- Millarville Christmas Market was established in 1988 and is a yearly visit for many families. It was our first visit and we'll definitely go back.
- Regal Cat Cafe is a must for any cat fans on your Christmas list. They have the cutest cat themed presents and a gift card for a visit to the cat cafe is the purrfect stocking stuffer.
- Ella Grace Marketplace is an absolute gem for those who love all things vintage. They have some really darling vintage Christmas decor right now.
- Once Upon a Christmas at Heritage Park is the kind of experience you'll want to make a tradition out of.
- Holiday in the Park Christmas Light Festival at Heritage Park is new this year. Walk around Heritage Park at night and admire the thousands of Christmas lights that light your way.